Position Title: Operations Associate
Position Location: Brooklyn, NY
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking an Operations Associate. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
About CPD + CPDA:
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
We are seeking an Operations Associate to join our HR Administration and Operations Team.
The Operations Associate will help assure smooth day to day operations of the organization and contribute to a positive office culture. This position will provide administrative support to the Operations team and will be responsible for determining priorities, routing requests for assistance, and working through unforeseen operational issues. This role works closely with a range of individuals within and outside of CPD/A, in addition to our Operations Team. COVID depending, it is expected that this position will be required to be in-person at the NY office at least weekly.
We estimate that people serving in this role will come to CPD/A with about 5 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not years of experience.
The Operations Associate will report to the Director of HR Administration and Operations.
The Operations Associate will:
- Be the first point of contact for facilities and office management, including managing related vendors, working with maintenance staff to ensure a functional physical work space, sorting mail, and routing communication from the primary CPD phone line and inbox
- Provide administrative support as assigned by Director of HR Administration and Operations, including coordinating scheduling for the Chief Operating Officer; processing invoices; facilitating contract payments; and providing compliance support to staff
- Provide logistics support for campaign and org-wide events, special convenings, and actions, which may include, but is not limited to coordinating zoom tech support, confirming facilitators and interpreters, ordering food, making hotel and restaurant reservations, coordinating transportation and only other logistical needs that may arise
- COVID depending, additional responsibility will include welcoming visitors at reception, making sure the office is properly stocked with office supplies and consumables, and orienting new staff to the office
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Some experience in a professional environment.
- The ability to manage competing due dates and priorities.
- Experience working across departments or teams.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems.
- A commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities of color, disabled people, LBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
Salary and Benefits:
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. Specific employment terms are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Salary under the CBA will be determined according to a salary scale that takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $58,500-$66,000 and category 1. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.