Position Title: Affiliate Coordinator
Position Location: Washington, DC or Brooklyn, NY preferred; remote within the U.S. possible
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking an Affiliate Coordinator.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
We’re seeking a full-time Affiliate Coordinator who will work to organize and streamline our support to our affiliate organizations. This position will work closely with a range of individuals within and outside of the organization to coordinate communications, build relationships, and facilitate joint action across our affiliate network and among our array of staff teams. Strong relationship-building skills and follow-through are crucial to this role.
We estimate that people serving in this role will come to CPD/A with about 6 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not years of experience.
This position will report to the Network Manager.
The Affiliate Coordinator will:
- Track and streamline communications and interactions with affiliate organizations, using CPD/A’s database infrastructure and other tools.
- Build and maintain strong individual relationships with affiliate staff through outreach and support, and work to ensure that affiliates in the CPD/A network have a strategic and cohesive network experience.
- Engage CPD/A and affiliate staff in opportunities for shared learning and action, including convenings, trainings, mobilizations, and other network events.
- Work with other members of the Network Management Team to coordinate staff engagement with and support for CPD/A affiliates to facilitate strategic connections and deeper alignment throughout the network.
- Track any follow-up, deliverables, and unresolved questions from meetings and projects with CPD/A affiliates and ensure that the work progresses.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Experience organizing individuals into action, conducting mobilizations, and tracking data in support of progressive organizing efforts;
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships across lines of difference, as well as across departments, teams, coalitions, or other formations with varying power dynamics;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a strong sense of ownership over tasks, including follow-through and ability to effectively plan and prioritize when faced with competing deadlines;
- Ability to manage a high volume of work efficiently without sacrificing quality;
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
- Deep alignment with CPD’s theory of change, which focuses on building a strong and powerful base of people;
- Willingness to have moderate travel schedule (COVID depending);
- A commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a union position. Salary will be determined according to a salary scale which takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $65,000-$75,000 and category 2. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.