Data Support Manager
Position Title: Data Support Manager
Position Location: CPD/A has offices in NYC and DC, but for this role, we will consider candidates who live outside our office areas but within the US.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Data Support Manager will be responsible for supporting the adoption and successful use of EveryAction and our organizing data architecture within CPD/A and our affiliate network. The Data Support Manager will manage the day to day administration of CPD/A’s EveryAction committees and provide direct support to affiliates utilizing EveryAction. The Data Support Manager will also assist with internal data support requests.
The ideal candidate has experience with EveryAction as well as organizing work. We estimate that candidates will have about 6 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not years of experience.
This is a frontline position on our Data Management Subteam, and this individual will often be the first person staff and affiliates interact with when seeking help with EveryAction. Agility and strong communication skills are essential.
The Data Support Manager will report to the Director of Data Management.
The Data Support Manager will:
- Manage the day-to-day data administration tasks in CPD/A’s Everyaction instance, including affiliate committees.
- Train and support affiliate staff in the use of EveryAction and the adoption of our organizing infrastructure.
- Collaborate with members of the data and tech department to complete staff and affiliate EveryAction support requests and voter file matches.
- Ensure data integrity and cleanliness in our EveryAction committees, including de-duping and quality control.
- Provide quality control and system integration support for CPD/A's Salesforce CRM.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Demonstrated experience in data management including but not limited to: wrangling large datasets, performing data quality control and cleaning, etc.
- Experience with EveryAction and/or NGPVAN MyCampaign.
- Ability to train and communicate technical concepts with non-technical people and in a culturally competent manner.
- Demonstrated experience learning new tools and/or systems.
- Comfort working across departments and teams.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a solutions oriented attitude when working with end users.
- Organizing experience and/or electoral experience.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experience in Salesforce CRMs and/or Salesforce tools preferred, but not required.
- Customer service, client account management, or support experience preferred, but not required.
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
Salary and Benefits:
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. Specific employment terms are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Salary under the CBA will be determined according to a salary scale that takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $65,000-$75,000 and category 2. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.