Director of Learning and Development
Position Title: Director of Learning and Development
Position Location: CPD/A has offices in NYC and DC, but for this role, we will consider candidates who live outside our office areas but within the US.
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking a Director of Learning and Development. This is a full-time, exempt position.
About CPD + CPDA:
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action (CPD/CPDA) is seeking a Director of Learning and Development. This position will be responsible for creating and overseeing the development and training of CPD/A staff, in alignment with DEIA principals and our strategic goals. Additionally, the Director of Learning and Development will partner with the People & Culture team on staff engagement, internal communication, and retention.
This position will report to the Chief of Equity, People, and Culture.
The Director of Learning and Development will:
- Coordinate and lead trainings for staff on issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility;
- Support supervisor trainings and consistent application of protocols and policies throughout the organization;
- Support and manage Employee Resource Groups, including each group’s budget;
- Stay up to date with trends and resources in talent development;
- Write and circulate the monthly Equity newsletter;
- Advise staff on professional development opportunities and individual career goals;
- Identify, develop, and implement other systems and approaches that make CPD/A a place where all staff can grow and thrive;
- Collaborate with the People Operations Manager on talent acquisition;
- Work with managers to develop growth opportunities for their team and to create a pipeline for future leaders;
- Support the People + Culture Team to enhance employee recognition and engagement.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Significant experience in driving diversity, equity and inclusion work in various capacities
- Deep familiarity with talent development and coaching
- Experience in organizing or other movement environments is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to and analysis of social, racial and economic justice and their intersections
- Strong meeting preparation and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build trust and respect across lines of difference
- Strong communication, presentation, training, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and to drive projects to completion
- Dedication to organizational excellence, compassion, problem-solving, and sustainable solutions
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities
Salary and Benefits:
CPD/A is a unionized workplace. This is a confidential position, not included in the bargaining unit. Salary will be determined according to a salary scale which takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $110,000-$125,000.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.