Data Support Manager
Position Title: Data Support Manager
Position Location: CPD/A has offices in NYC and DC, but for this role, we will consider candidates who live outside our office areas but within the US.
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking a Data Support Manager. This is a full-time, exempt position.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Data Support Manager is a frontline position on CPD/A’s data and technology team, and will be responsible for supporting the adoption and successful use of EveryAction and our organizing data architecture within CPD/A and our affiliate network. Primary responsibilities will include administering the CPD/A EveryAction system, delivering one on one and group trainings for users tailored to their expected use of EveryAction, and responding to data requests from CPD/A staff and affiliates. The Data Support Manager will report to the Director of Data Management and will work closely with the entire Data and Technology Team, CPD/A staff, and our affiliate network staff.
We prefer candidates who are comfortable training in both English and Spanish. In addition to practical experience in EveryAction, the ideal candidate has excellent product support or client success skills and has a track record of balancing tasks and projects from multiple work streams.
We estimate that candidates will have at least 10 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not years of experience.
The Data Support Manager will:
- Serve as primary administrator to the CPD/A EveryAction instance;
- Respond to data requests from our staff and affiliate network quickly and efficiently;
- Train and support affiliate staff in the use of EveryAction and the adoption of CPD/A data architecture for organizing;
- Collaborate with members of the data and tech team to complete staff and affiliate EveryAction support requests and voter file matches;
- Ensure data integrity and cleanliness in our EveryAction committees, including de-duping and quality control;
- Provide quality control and system integration support for tools and systems that integrate with EveryAction, including Salesforce, Mobilize, Hustle, and others.
- Additional responsibilities may include: building out new EveryAction committees, creating documentation, improving training materials, triaging EveryAction support requests, monitoring integration between EveryAction and other core tools, data hygiene projects, and co-leading a cohort of EveryAction administrators from across the network.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Significant experience with EveryAction and/or NGPVAN MyCampaign and the ability to quickly connect program goals with system functionality.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English.
- Organizing experience and/or electoral experience.
- Experience creating and delivering trainings for users and the ability to train and communicate technical concepts with non-technical people across lines of difference, in both English and Spanish.
- Demonstrated experience in data management including, but not limited to, wrangling large datasets, performing data quality control and cleaning, etc.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a solutions-oriented perspective when working with end users.
- Customer service, product service, client success, or support experience.
- Experience with Salesforce, Mobilize, Hustle, and other common movement tools is a plus but not required.
- Experience working with The Movement Cooperative is a plus, but not required.
- A demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
Salary and Benefits:
This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the Washington-Baltimore News Guild. Specific employment terms are subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Salary under the CBA will be determined according to a salary scale that takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $78,000-$88,000 and category 3. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.