- Washington, DC
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Position Title: Actions Coordinator
Position Location: Washington, DC. This is not a remote position and relocation costs are not available.
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action is seeking an Actions Coordinator.
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy and CPD Action (together, CPD/A) work to promote equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We work with nearly 50 affiliates in over 30 states and Puerto Rico to build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations that envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. We are a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
This position will support various CPD/A teams in the planning and execution of actions. These actions will span across all campaigns that CPD/A and our affiliates organize, but will primarily focus on climate justice and large scale, cross campaign federal actions. The Actions Coordinator is an implementer who will carry out the vision for creative and powerful direct actions that will garner media attention and help to lift up the stories of our affiliates’ members and how policies impact their lives.
We estimate that candidates will have about 5 years of relevant experience, but our review of candidates for this role will focus on whether they can fill the needs of the position, not years of experience.
The Actions Coordinator currently reports to the Senior Director of Mobilization and Advocacy.
The Actions Coordinator will:
- Support CPD/A teams in the implementation of DC-based actions, which may include creating sign-up forms, coordinating travel and lodging arrangements, and arranging meeting spaces;
- Collaborate with CPD/A teams to create actions on a variety of issues and campaigns;
- Assist in preparing for and facilitating planning meetings and debriefs;
- Serve as day-of point of contact for CPD/A staff, affiliates, and attendees at actions;
- Ensure relevant CPD/A teams are involved and connected to planning;
- Engage CPD/A affiliates as needed;
- Help strategize effective and creative campaign ideas on key issues;
- Help advance campaigns and build CPD’s base by creating inspiring actions and pre-actions trainings that ensure that people will think of CPD as their political home.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Previous grassroots organizing experience either in a volunteer or work capacity;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to be a strategic problem solver;
- Experience working across departments or teams within an organization;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- A commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and a deep understanding of challenges facing low-wage workers, immigrant communities, communities of color, disabled people, LGBTQ+ folks, and people at the intersections of the above communities.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a union position. Salary will be determined according to a salary scale which takes into account years’ experience, location, job category, and other factors, but is expected to be $58,500-$66,000 and category 1. The Collective Bargaining Agreement is available here.
We have a generous benefits package, including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 15 vacation days your first year, 10 sick days per year, 13 paid holidays per year, and contributions to individuals’ 401K plans.
CPD/A is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, womxn, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTIQAA+ community.